|Sunday, 16 November 2008 23:14|
The Bangkok Shipowners and Agents Association (BSAA)
Before BSAA was established, a handful of shipping lines joined together as a grouping known as the Bangkok Shipping Interest (BSI). The group’s main objective was to be a mouthpiece for maritime operators in Thailand, especially when coordinating with government agencies. It was also designed as a center at which members could exchange ideas and information. One of the principal founders of BSI as Mr. Somporn Sanyapreedakul, also known as Mr. K.T. Koh
(a) To promote shipping interest with the goal of dealing with problems facing general shipping interests in Thailand and her territorial waters.
1) BSAA members will receive monthly shipping statistics, notifications, announcements and related matters with English Translation from the Port Authority of Thailand, the Customs Department and the Marine Dept.
2) Member can notify the association of any problems or difficulties with authorities. The Executive Committee will consider whether or not the association should address the matter to the concerned authority.
3) Members can participate in association activities such as :-
- Luncheon meeting with guest speaker.
- Monthly Executive Committee meeting as an observer.
- Golf tournament, both amongst members and with various government agencies.
- Association get-together functions.
- Annual General Meeting.
BSAA membership is divided into two categories:
1. Ordinary Member – any company that is either a ship owner or shipping agent.
2. Associate Member – any other company not classified as an ordinary member.
The final approval for membership is made by the Executive Committee
Download Application Form here.
Download BSAA Brochure here.
|Seminar & Training Program|